Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Boat dog and a minor rant ...



We were running errands this morning but the weather was SO pretty we had to check out the fishing boats en route. This little guy was ever vigilant, looking longingly over the rail for his owner to return to the boat. Gotta love the ears!

And now a minor rant (very minor). Once again I find myself annoyed and frustrated and cranky at technology. I have a new (3 days old) phone that does all sorts of things (e-mail! web browsing! video! camera!) and I don't know how to use it yet. I THINK I know how to make a phone call. I called myself, but I wasn't there — got the answering machine.

The other thing that's bugging me is that I've also got a new (one month old) camera that requires different batteries and different memory cards (of course) than all my other equipment. Gotta stock up on them. And the picture format is such that BreezeBrowser (a program I use daily) doesn't recognize it. So I had to upgrade BB on the desktop computer.

Then I tried to download the images onto my laptop, but my card reader doesn't recognize this type of memory card. So I had to buy a new card reader. Then, of course, BB in the laptop doesn't recognize the format, so I had to upgrade THAT. And finally, the camera has different features than I'm used to, so that's another big learning curve.

Technology. Changing faster than I can dole out the money and read the (nonexistent) user manuals.

To quote Jimmy Buffett, "If the phone doesn't ring, it's me."

©Carol Leigh