Saturday, December 18, 2010

From 2 to 4


There were maybe six people on two miles of beach Thursday afternoon, including this solitary person walking a dog. When I left, at twilight, I was alone. Mine was the only car in the parking lot. The sky was a peachy, golden color, and the lights on a couple of fishing boats twinkled way out there. When I examine this image closely, I see a third boat, its light facing south, and lots of gulls silhouetted behind it as it sets out bait-filled pots or pulls up crab-filled ones.

What I like about the sunset shot is how the dark clouds upper right echo the dark part of the beach lower left, creating a subliminal diagonal line for our eye to follow. Did I see that when I clicked the shutter? I wish I could say yes. But nope, I just wanted to make sure I included some rocks and the lights of the fishing boats on the horizon! ©Carol Leigh