Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why yes, we DO have a room available...






And there's a pool!

In April of 2005 I drove from Oregon down to Tucson to conduct a photo workshop. Along the way, on Highway 40 in Arizona, I passed this fine establishment. Screeching a U-turn, I stopped to photograph a bit.

I never really processed these photos until this morning, when I came across them while rummaging through an older external drive.

This was six years ago. The motel is probably gone. Wish I'd taken even more photos while I was there. Why, why, why do we not spend more time at the time? There always seems to be some internal pressure to keep moving.

One of my dreams is to spend two weeks in one location, wandering about, photographing by day and making collages in the evening. Silent. Exploring. Creating. Ahhhh! ©Carol Leigh