Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Snowy Leaves

You know how sometimes you start off with one concept and it turns out completely different? Well, that's what happened here. I'm still going to work on my original concept, but in the meantime, I like this shot. (Chris didn't like it at all, but says it's now growing on him. He's SO diplomatic!)

These are cherry leaves that I pressed flat, photographed, and then combined with a photo I took of scratched aluminum. I like the cold, fall-into-winter look. Click to enlarge. ©Carol Leigh, flattening leaves wherever she goes...

6 comments:

quinncreative said...

Love this idea, and love the result. The wonderful, natural leaf combined with winter cold aluminum is a perfect contrast. Genius!

Carol Leigh said...

Thank you, Quinn. Gotta say I'm liking your book, "Raw Art Journaling." I would link to it here, but links don't show up in the comment field. You're easy to find, however, Quinn McDonald! --Carol Leigh

Anonymous said...

I really like this one, Carol. Actually, one of my favorites. Very cool!
Brenda LaFleur

Carol Leigh said...

Coming from you, Brenda, that's very flattering. Thank you. --CL

marianne said...

I see dancing leaves! Love the simplify.

Carol Leigh said...

"Dancing leaves." Great description. --CL