Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Foggy morning in Newport


Chris had a dentist appointment early yesterday morning so I asked him to drop me off at the boats and then pick me up later. So while poor Chris was in the dentist chair, I was cruising the bayfront, enjoying the solitude, the cool air, and the boats. As the fishing vessel "Finn" moved away from the dock, I was attracted to how isolated the boat looked, removed from all the others, with just the jetty and the hills in the background.

One of my last photos of the morning was an overview of some boats moored near the processing facility, where pelicans and gulls hovered about, looking for tender fishy morsels. I especially like the way the Yaquina Bay Bridge can barely be seen through the fog. An early morning hour well spent. ©Carol Leigh