Monday, March 4, 2013

First three from Maui



We returned home a few hours ago from a delightfully relaxing time on Maui. As I begin processing my photos, I'll share some of them with you. The morning of our first day, I stepped out onto our sixth-floor balcony. Little lights lined the pathway below, trees grew in a receding line along the beach, and Molokai (topped with a layer of clouds) showed hazily in the distance. I purposely  moved the camera during the exposure to achieve this eerie shot. (Basically, it's my answer to "No time to set up the tripod, how can I handhold this and make something interesting?")

A child's flip-flops caught my eye as we walked past a swimming pool.

And a tropical plant against a pale wall glowed in the even light of a little courtyard.

My sincere thanks to two friends who made it possible for me and Chris to have a vacation we will never forget.

©Carol Leigh