Sunday, May 19, 2013

Oil can collection increasing . . .


It probably comes as no surprise to you that I have an oil can collection. It's just a small collection, nothing valuable, but a collection I treasure nevertheless because I love photographing these things! The latest member of the collection is there in the top photo, middle can. He cost less than $8 and has a wonderful patina. A very cute little guy. Fair warning: more oil can photos will probably follow in the next few months as I have my way with these. ©Carol Leigh

6 comments:

Judy said...

Only you can make an oil can look sexy ;)

Love these, and looking forward to more.

Carol Leigh said...

Ha!

Fay said...

Patina is right - gorgeous. Also love the weathered table that they're on in the first image.

Carol Leigh said...

Thank you, Fay. And the "weathered table?" An old butcher block I got at a flea market. Looks good, doesn't it?

CJ said...

I just love these oil cans...especially the cute little blue guy, and the one with all the personality in his spigot (is that a word?). The dark background and weathered wood are perfect to show them off.

Carol Leigh said...

Of course you'd like the cute little blue guy, CJ! Thanks for stopping by, and welcome home.