Thursday, March 27, 2014

Abstracts anywhere . . .

In my quest to show we can create unusual abstract images no matter where we are and no matter what's in front of us, I offer you this.

I was walking through a parking lot here in Waldport and I liked the way the yellow colors stood out against the dark asphalt. I purposely put the yellow "bumps" off to the right and had the long horizontal line of the marked parking spaces run along the entire width of the frame. That horizontal line ties the two yellow elements together, offset on the right (following the Rule of Thirds).

Notice the small triangle below the upper yellow element as well as the triangle to the left of the lower element. And then notice how the entire lower right corner is an even larger triangle.

Complex simplicity reigns!

©Carol Leigh