Saturday, December 20, 2014

Latest work: "Winter Solstice"

I knew I wanted to create something for this year's winter solstice, but (as usual) I had no plan. So I just began bringing photos together to see what I could find, and maybe something would show up to sort of lead me along. The winter solstice makes me want to be quiet, to reflect, to wind down, to rest, so I used warm brown and ochre colors, scratched metal, an owl from a U.S. postage stamp, some photos of my own painting attempts, and snuck in an Egyptian hieroglyphic or two. I put pale blue around the edges to make the warmer colors really stand out. Hope you like it! (Click to enlarge.) ©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!