Friday, January 30, 2015

What I'm Working On: Meandering through Kyoto





I'm just not a "big picture" sort of person. It's a blessing and a curse. I'm glad that I can find interesting details to photograph, but it's ridiculous to go somewhere and not be able to depict where I was! And I was even really trying this time . . .

So as I'm s-l-o-w-l-y going through my Japan pictures, I see that once again the ones I particularly like are the ones of little details, such as the row of red paper lanterns hanging at the front of a little temple, or a woman in traditional garb walking down the street in front of me, roof detail on a temple, a monk's hat sitting outside the entrance to another temple, and a box that I believe holds brochures, a box that seemed to gleam out at me from a darkened doorway. The woman in kimono is about as "big picture" as I can find in this set of photos.

 You'll just have to take my word that right across the street from where I shot these, the Imperial Palace Gardens spread out before me. Heavy sigh.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!