Monday, February 2, 2015

Thank you to Kathleen Amt (Part 2)




What you're seeing here is a stack of papers that threatens to slide onto the floor in my art studio. All this stuff takes up a good third of my craft counter, leaving me just a small bit of space to create. I'm in the process of sorting this out and putting it all somewhere else.

But lurking in this stack are a lot of papers that Kathleen Amt has sent to me. A couple of them caught my eye and I began to make a collage.

In the second shot you can see the partially-made collage with a couple of paper bits standing by.

I didn't use the translucent "band-aid"-ish paper, but cut up the grey/green/black piece and glued it on.

And then at the end you see the finished work (at least I think it's finished) that I call "Connecting Earth and Sky." Made entirely of paper sent to me by Kathleen. To whom I am so grateful and who I hope to see in a couple of weeks when I go back east for my father's funeral.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!