Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Latest work: "Winter Nights" and "Winter Rains"


It rained heavily and steadily all night and when I awoke, I made a large series of “Winter Rains/Winter Nights” abstract images. I’m drawn to the dark, rich colors of warm browns and varying blues, as well as the strong linear and circular elements.

To make these, I combined a number of my hand-painted papers, vintage Japanese papers, and there’s even a piece of ledger paper in there somewhere.

One series is predominantly brown, the other series primarily blue. There are six in each series. Here are two examples.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!