Friday, March 20, 2015

Squarification . . .


This image (called "Dotted Squares") was created by using some of my hand-painted monoprints and then juicing them up a bit in the computer. I like the warm tones and the repeating square thingies (made by using the rectangular end of a makeup sponge).

I usually also see if the image can be turned into a square. Sometimes a square is better, sometimes it's just different, and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

In this case, I like the square version better, but it doesn't really matter. I'm fond of my whole concept and this gives me two images to upload to Fine Art America, not just one.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!