Sunday, June 28, 2015

ROYGBIV: INDIGO!



Indigo is a tough color to find because there are so many varying tones, ranging from blackish-blue to greenish-blue. But here are three that I think conform to the indigo concept.

The top photo is a combination of photos I took of very old papers given to me by Kathleen Amt and, of the three photos here, it's my favorite. It's probably not YOUR favorite, but that's okay. Something inside me changes when I see it, and that's pretty much my criteria.

And then there's a photo I took of a rubber stamp impression, a rubber stamp I bought in England specifically for this purpose. To it I added some texture, some colors, and three postage stamps.

Finally, I included a photograph of a freighter sailing up the Columbia River in Astoria, Oregon. I toned it a blackish-blue to make the image more monochromatic.

We have been in the Whidbey Island house for a week now. Are we unpacked and everything in its place? Hell no! Were we ready for a heat spell the past few days? No. Were we prepared to have to get rid of a hornet's nest over the door to the deck? For deer that eat hydrangea flowers? For robin-eating owls? For a mowing-induced gnat blizzard? And for what I heard around 4:30 this morning? That would be no, no, no, no, and no. None of that was mentioned in the real estate listing before we bought this house.

So what happened at 4:30 this morning? I'll try to write about it tomorrow . . .

©Carol Leigh
 All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!