Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Latest work: "Coastal Crow"

There was a pair of crows that hung around our house on the Oregon coast. I loved seeing them interact, one sidling up next to the other, head down, wanting to be groomed. Or flying past, sticks in their beaks, as they built their nest in a tree on the next block.

I would sometimes give them some of Abby's kibble, tossing it down from the front deck as they stood in the driveway below. As I came out the door, they would immediately fly over to see what I had.

They say crows recognize faces; they remember those who have done them wrong and remember those they feel comfortable around. Shortly before we moved, I took a few final photos of them and I love how this one looks. And, like a crow, I will remember them as well.

 ©Carol Leigh
 All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!