Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Latest work: "Dear Deer"

The wildlife here on Whidbey Island includes a LOT of deer. There's a doe and her fawn that often come through the yard and I was lucky to have my camera at hand when the fawn stopped and looked up at me standing at the window.

I particularly like the spots on her back and her soulful eyes. I incorporated my photo with a number of other photos I've taken of postcards, postage stamps, and more to create this faux poste card.

The postcard was sent in 1910 to someone in Austria, an area called Steiermark, which apparently is known today for producing wine.

©Carol Leigh
 All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!