Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Latest work: "Left of Eight"

Sometimes it's difficult to explain what I've created. This one's a combination of photos, photos I've taken of antique Japanese papers, my own handpainted papers, an envelope I made, a sketch of a crow my sister drew, and the bottom of an oil can.

See? It makes no sense!

But in this picture I particularly like the brown/blue combination of colors, the textures, the little hidden things, and the combination of circles and rectangles.

Perfect opportunity to use one of my favorite phrases: "Makes sense if you don't think about it."

 ©Carol Leigh
 All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!