Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Latest work: "Red Riley Collage"


I took a book apart (reverse engineering?) and then reassembled bits and pieces of it to create this collage.

The book (which, I hasten to add, was not in very good shape to begin with) was a book of poetry by James Whitcomb Riley, known as the “Hoosier Poet.” I thank him for putting some color into my life. Had I not known him as an American writer, I would have said this piece has an Asian vibe to it, which pleases me on an entirely different level.

When I prepped this image for Fine Art America, not only did I upload the original horizontal one, but also created three more in square format (a crop from the left, a crop from the center, and a crop from the right). One never knows...

 ©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!