Sunday, September 4, 2016

Appealing starkness

A number of years ago I attended a Photoshop conference in Portland. The conference lasted all day and, of course, I remember nothing of what I learned. What I DO remember were the occasional breaks and the lunch break, where I simply wandered around the building, around the block, taking photographs.

I particularly like this one, taken inside the convention center, composed of three basic sections -- the black/grey swoop in the right third, the gentle grey curve in the lower left, and then the repeating, seemingly delicate, light-colored rectangular windows in the upper left. Lines and curves, lights and darks, all working together beautifully.

I'm in Nova Scotia right now and prepped this image in advance to appear while I am gone. 

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.