Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Back-to-back-to-back . . .

There’s a certain someone in my life who sees things, sends me a link, and says, “maybe this is something you could try.” I, of course, think it’s very cool, make a note and usually do nothing. So then she subtly includes a particular supply in a Christmas gift package so I can make this thing.

Sigh. Now there’s no excuse. I go down to the studio and give it a go.

This is a picture of what I made. It’s the first (and probably only) one I will ever make, because it drove me insane!

It’s a back-to-back-to-back book, requiring no sewing, just some cool papers and double-sided tape. And that’s what CJ dropped into my Christmas package. A big roll of double-sided tape.

The concept is to make a bunch of papers all the same size, fold them in half, and then, one by one, glue the back of one folded paper to the front of the next folded paper. Until you have a stack. I mean, how hard can this be?

Well, if you want things perfectly stuck together, perfectly aligned, this project will make you crazy. Which I think was CJ’s goal. In the name of love and friendship, of course!

So here you see what I made. It’s not great, it’s not even mediocre. And guess what CJ’s getting for Christmas next year. . .

NOTE: I wrote this yesterday afternoon and scheduled it to be published for early this morning. Since then, however, I have totally changed my tune. I now have a BRILLIANT idea for what I'm going to do with this b-2-b-2-b concept. Brilliant. So thanks again, CJ, for your oh-so-subtle Christmas goodie. I think I can make something very cool.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.