Monday, February 5, 2018

Around the house: tulips


It was a gloomy, misty morning yesterday and as I was sitting, reading, having coffee, I noticed the tulips. Tulips always make me feel great -- colorful, sunny, spring-like -- so, without moving at all, I took an iPhone shot.

The resulting photo (the second one) is pretty much how the overall scene looked. But it didn't express how I feel about tulips.

I brought the image into Snapseed and purposely overexposed the image to the point of yes! Are highlights blown out? Yes. But that didn't matter. It was the look and feel of springtime that I wanted (and got).

It's an iPhone shot and the quality is bad. But it sure improved the quality of that little moment in time yesterday morning.

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.