Friday, January 11, 2019

Daily Photo 20190111 Yard debris mandala

I'm taking an online class where the first assignment is to make a mandala. I'm waiting for certain supplies to arrive before I begin making mine, but in the meantime . . .

I have mandalas on my brain.

I walked around the yard this morning. We've had some pretty strong winds, so there's debris on the ground -- leaves, twigs, branches, pine cones, lichens, etc.

Hmmm . . . mandalas . . . I began gathering bits and pieces, organizing them on the ground, including a couple of little mushrooms that had popped up out of the moss.

It's more like a wreath than a mandala, methinks, so I'm going to try making some more. Fair warning! You're gonna see more of this stuff!

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you for your understanding and kindness.