Saturday, January 26, 2019

Daily Photo: 20190125 Pottery bowl with treasures

The light this morning was soft and pretty, evenly overcast, so I took two things out onto the deck, set them on the table.

One was this pottery bowl that my friend June gave to me years ago. Whenever I find something interesting, I put it in the bowl. It gets full and I remove a few items and continue on.

It always contains the three barnacle-covered rocks found here on Whidbey, the rock I wrapped in Japanese paper and then added a metal button to, and some agates we found on the Oregon coast. The other items come and go.

It's always out. It's one of my prized possessions. As is my friendship with June.

The other item I photographed was an old bottle. I wasn't pleased with the results, so the bowl won out! Another day for the bottle . . .

P.S. I'm a morning person, not a night owl. So my Daily Photo often doesn't get processed/uploaded until the following morning. That explains why very often the "daily photo" date is yesterday and the posting date is today. Not that you really care . . .

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you for your understanding and kindness.