Monday, November 8, 2010

Tough getting back in the groove

Since I've been back home I've found it difficult to get back into the photography groove. Sure, I'm taking and have taken a lot of photos in the past few weeks, but I feel like they're (a) not my best work and (b) that I've hit some sort of a block. Nothing to do but work through it, but it's kind of frustrating. I'm sure a lot of you know what I mean. So here's a shot of a tree on a hillside I photographed this afternoon along the Yachats River Road. Not so sure about it, but it's a start. ©Carol Leigh

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good start to me, Carol. I like it!
Brenda LaFleur[

Anonymous said...

Wish my blocks were this creative, Carol. The touch of color, the framing give a pleasing feel to the photo. jc

Carol Leigh said...

Thank you, Brenda and June. I appreciate your positive-ness (positivity?). --Carol Leigh

Judy said...

"photography grove" -- maybe that's why those of us who are weekend warriors can never get in that grove, whereas the POD group have a much better chance. Hmmmm ... lesson learned?

fotofanjan said...

Love this image! How about a video as to how you performed this magic???
Jan Hagan

Steve Loos said...

Carol I love your work, esspecially turning photography into art (if that even makes sense!)

Carol Leigh said...

Judy T., which is why you can now stop being a weekend warrior and pursue this more regularly now that you've made the big move! And Jan, that's a good idea -- making a video of how I did this one -- and I'll incorporate it into the advanced photomontage class. And Steve, thank you for stopping by and yes, your post DID make sense (at least to me). --Carol Leigh