Sunday, July 22, 2012

Something new . . .

A new blog appeared on the horizon this past week, and I'm pleased to share it with you. I'm in the process of creating some instructional eBooks and need a place where I can test out my ideas, so my new blog "VisuaLeigh" is the result. Subtitled "adventures in composition, seeing, and inspiration for photographers and visual artists of all types," it's a potpourri of snippets of information which will be expanded upon in my resulting eBooks.


Here's Rich Baker's reaction, and he kindly granted me permission to quote him here: "I like the idea of showing people how you compose your photographs. The concept of outlining the bones is excellent. This is what you did so well in your excellent critiques. I can see how this could be very instructive in developing the understanding of how composition works. Some people seem to see the composition they want with no vocabulary necessary. Other people need help refining their vision (me included) and a vocabulary helps. I have always felt you had a gift for giving photography a vocabulary that helps people see and discuss photographs."

This blog shall continue, but if you wish a bit more instruction and ideas, I encourage you to take a look at what I'm doing over at VisuaLeigh. Here's the link: http://visualeigh.blogspot.com

©Carol Leigh