Sunday, March 22, 2015

Latest work: "Three Kittens in the Congo"

I had a cool postage stamp from French Equatorial Africa. That was the basis of this piece. I decided to make a faux postcard all around that stamp.

A friend had given me a rubber stamp that looked sort of like a cranky lynx, so I used that. He also had given me an elephant rubber stamp. I looked it up. Are there elephants in the Congo? Yes! Okay! It's in the scene. From there I just kept adding things until the postcard ended up looking like this.

What I particularly like is the absurdity of the name I gave this image: "Three Kittens in the Congo." What the . . . ?

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!