Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Collection Collection: Iris Pods and Bird "Nests"


I'm still trying to clean up my studio, but I keep finding interesting things to photograph, such as these dried wild iris pods I got near Bishop, California about EIGHT YEARS AGO! They have aged well and I can't bring myself to toss them out. And then there are these pseudo bird nests that I just quickly made out of twine to each hold an individual egg. My goal is to make a series of these photos (as I clean my studio) -- photos of all my little collections -- called "The Collection Collection." To be continued... ©Carol Leigh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, love the collections. I know your studio and we can look forward to years of photographs as you clean out.
JC in NC

Judy said...

Great idea. Especially like the birds "nests". Agree with JC, looking forward to many years of photographs during the cleaning process ;-)

Carol Leigh said...

You guys wanna come help? I could take the photos I need and then YOU can take the stuff home with you! Hmmm . . . maybe I should set up a separate little shop in my online store for photo props, slightly used! --Carol Leigh

Sarah Merkel said...

Oh you clever girl. I love the string nests! I'm liking your collection collection. I want to copy you. So what else is new!