Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Truck stop photography


The almond orchards along I-99 and I-5 in California's central valley are in bloom, and, though past their prime, they still look great. At a truck stop in Bakersfield I took a couple of photographs, one from the parking lot and the other from the edge of the orchard. "No Trespassing" signs required me to keep my distance, but with a longer lens I was able to make it look as though I was right in among the trees. And the scent? Subtle and sweet. ©Carol Leigh

2 comments:

Kathleen Botsford said...

Beautiful! And Bakersfield sounds so romantic....

Carol Leigh said...

Thank you, madam, and yes, nothing says "romance" quite like "Bakersfield." (But try whispering the word "Bakersfield." It actually sounds kind of sexy in a Victorian novel sort of way!) Thank you for commenting. I check your own blog regularly, and am embarrassed at how long it's been since I commented there myself. --Carol "Bakersfield in the Rearview Mirror" Leigh