Friday, March 25, 2011

Eucalyptus leaves

The other day while cleaning out the studio I opened a book and a shower of leaves ensued. The last time I was in San Diego I had collected a bunch of eucalyptus leaves to photograph when I got back home, pressed them in a book, and then forgot about them. What better excuse to stop cleaning and photograph instead?! I overexposed them to create a high-key-ish look and then added my Chinese signature to the bottom since the whole piece had a sort of Asian feel to it.

Although I'm really trying to whittle away at my collections of things to photograph, for every four things I get rid of, four more appear. Such as yesterday, when I came home with two bird nests and two wooden printer blocks and two old books. I'm going in the wrong direction! ©Carol Leigh