Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Golden Gate (not the bridge)

One of my students, Kathleen A., knows I'm interested in physical collage and generously sent me a package of papers she thought I'd like. Like? I love them!

But before I rip them, tear them, glue them, I selected out various bits and pieces and took a lot of photos, enabling me to put together this image.

Receiving such a wonderful package is a blessing and a curse. My brain is so full with photomontage possibilities, and now physical collage possibilities, that it's difficult to know which way to turn next. My solution, here at 3 in the morning, is to combine them. I'll shoot the paper, I'll make a montage, I'll glue the paper, make a collage, then shoot part of the collage to use in a montage, which ... well, you get the picture. And Kathleen A.? Thank you so much. I think. ©Carol Leigh