Thursday, December 8, 2011

Frozen in time

It's been cold and clear at night here on the Oregon coast and mornings are sparkly with frost. I got up around 3:30 this morning and looked out to see the moon shining silver on the ocean, lots of stars, lots of beauty, lots of cold!

In keeping with the chilly temps, here's a photomontage I created of a close-up of an ice cube combined with a photo of a clock (of sorts). I made the clock myself, piling up various parts, and then shot straight down onto it. (Click to enlarge.)

Looking at this clock, I'm either extremely early or very late, so I better get moving.

©Carol Leigh, who has no concept of time . . .

4 comments:

Elena and Russ said...

I know the feeling...
Very nice montage.

Carol Leigh said...

Thank you, kind people. --CL

Diane Miller said...

Time? Isn't that what you spend creating things? Concept? Isn't that a driving force of what you create? But concept of time? What's that??

If you have a dog you may have to quit playing to feed it, but if you have a cat, they're self-sufficient and your time is yours!

Carol Leigh said...

Diane, if I "have a cat, they're self-sufficient and your time is yours?" Um, I don't think so. By the way, a photo I took of Abby has been purchased by a 365-cats-page-a-day calendar company for 2013. Not much money, but it'll keep her in cat food for awhile... CL