Sunday, May 12, 2013

Latest works




As you can see, I've been working in the square format a lot lately and I've been experimenting with bold, vibrant colors, creating abstracts that (I hope) get your attention right away. All have been created with my photos of boat textures, photos of paper I've used to clean my paintbrushes, photos of rust, and some plain texture here and there. I'm thinking these would look great printed on metal (oh, boy!).

These are named (from top to bottom) "The Deep End," "Sunstorm No. 2," "Sunstorm," and "Sky Into The Sea." Thank you for taking a look at my work. ©Carol Leigh

4 comments:

CJ said...

These are very cool! Of course, I love the bright, bold colors, and I like the square format. I was going to say the first was my favorite, but then I thought number 3 might be the fav...and now I can't make up my mind. These would look great on metal (in my humble opinion).

Carol Leigh said...

Thank you, CJ. And yeah, I'm beginning to think metal prints for a number of images to pump up the colors and the richness.

Jo Murray said...

These gorgeous images are like Rothko on steroids!

Carol Leigh said...

Ha! Good description!