Thursday, July 24, 2014

Summertime blues . . .



When I prep photos for other purposes, I'll often convert some of them to this format, copy them to a "blog" album, and then, like this morning, will rummage through those pictures, seeing if I can find some sort of a theme.

That's what I did this morning when I noticed these three, which all have similar blue colors to them.

I'm particularly partial to the top image, taken in Tucson, Arizona. I like how the picture is divided into three vertical sections. I like how the railing really stands out. And I like the hint of a cement step there at the bottom.

The shot of the pear is, frankly, weird. I don't remember now, without going back to the original PSD file, how I created this, but for some reason the starkness and spareness appeals to me. I also like the hint of orangey-brown, a complementary spot of color with the blue outline of the pear.

And then the last photo, I dunno . . . It's a very abstract image of reflections of a fishing boat in the water on an overcast day. What I like is the silvery look of the water (shades of grey, white, and peachy-beige) along with the blue of the boat.

Also, not that you care, you can tell which photos I prepped using the Mac versus the ones I prepped using the PC by looking at the signature. Photo #3 was done on the PC while the top two were done on the Mac. (My font from the PC is not available on a Mac. So much for creating a standard look!)

Too bad today's not Monday . . . I could have had "Summertime Blues" and "Blue Monday" at the same time . . .

©Carol Leigh