Friday, November 28, 2014

Latest work: "Kyoto Temple"

I made this photomontage using pictures I took primarily in Kyoto. I used the temple photo, photos of a couple of washi papers I was given in Kyoto, a photo of a weathered wall, photo of wooden boards with Japanese calligraphy (all from Kyoto) and then a photograph of a building I shot here in Newport, Oregon. I was pleasantly surprised at the way the combination of washi paper and everything else created a watercolor aspect to the entire scene. Nothing here was planned. I just begin adding things, taking things away, removing parts of things, until I see what I like. And here, I like what I see. ©Carol Leigh

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!