Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Latest work: "Falling Leaves Crescent Moon"

Early evening I looked out my hotel window in Kyoto and saw a crescent moon. Directly below it was a single little fluffy cloud. As though the moon was going to "nest" into the cloud. Or the cloud was slowly rising up to support the moon. Either way I looked at it, it was magical.

I found this image in my "Works in Progress" file yesterday afternoon and it made me think of that moon, that cloud, the falling leaves in Japan. So I brought it up, tweaked some things, added some more things, and voila! Now I have an image that's reminiscent of Kyoto, autumn leaves, meticulously raked rock gardens, and more.

Unlike yesterday's image, this one definitely works. I love it. And isn't it a good story? ©Carol Leigh

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!