Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Just because it's fun . . .

Matchbox labels . . . You don't see many of them any more. (Well, unless you go on eBay and accidentally end up winning a bid for 14,000 of them. But I digress.) I decided to create my own "faux" matchbox label and chose black, red, and yellow for the color palette. I hand-colored the cockatoo (from an antique dictionary) to use as the centerpiece. It's up and online at Fine Art America where, frankly, I think it looks especially good as a tote bag.

You can't see it from here, but over on the left there's a little marking: "PRODUCT OF WHIDBEY ISLAND." Yup, just having some fun.

 ©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!