Thursday, March 30, 2017

Eight years of March blog posts








I went back to all my old blog posts to see what I was shooting/posting in March. Every March since 2009. These are the ones that looked good to me this morning.

This first one is a "drive-by shooting" taken as we were exploring some back roads in Oregon in 2009. Chris drives and I shoot out the window. This little tree just screamed "spring."

In March of 2010 I took a long-exposure shot of waves crashing on rocks in Seal Rock, Oregon coast.

I don't know why the picture of the gull and the sign makes me smile every time I see it. The gull seems to be trying to read the sign and I just find it delightfully absurd. Oregon refers to car break-ins as "car clouts." I'd never heard that term before. Taken in March of 2011.

In 2012, I photographed this snowy scene, again from a car window, as we traveled over a pass from California to Oregon. We were driving very slowly, enabling me to use a fast enough shutter speed to make sure the trees were sharply focused.

And oh, Hawaii in 2013! (Hello, Jan Hagan!). I walked around the back streets of Lahaina, seeing what I could find. Loved this door.

A bright yellow forsythia was in full bloom in March of 2014, down at the bottom of our back yard on Whidbey Island.

In 2015 I created a faux postcard featuring old drawings of parrots and some Russian postage stamps.

And then in 2016 I made a series of six images I called "Winter Rains." Yesterday I sold two 40" x 40" versions of them to a customer in Missouri. They should look really good as canvas wraps.

Feeling so completely un-creative today, so it's good that I have a variety of blog posts to draw from!

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.