Friday, May 26, 2017

It's been a tough week . . .

I have a 4-bay Drobo, which is where I store everything. All my photos, all my photomontages, blog materials, everything.

Yes, I have backups of a lot of this stuff elsewhere, but the Drobo is pretty much my life.

Each bay contains a 2TB drive. The beauty of the Drobo system is that if one drive goes bad, there's still enough space on the remaining three drives to hold all the data.

Earlier this week the first drive went bad. I purchased a new one and installed it. That was Wednesday around 3 p.m. Lights began flashing, it was making noise, things were apparently moving around. No worries.

The following morning, I checked the Drobo. Lights were still flashing, appropriate noises were heard.

This morning I checked again. Same scenario. One of my colleagues said the same thing happened to her and it took three days for it to return to normal.

But deep down inside, I'm freaking! (She said she did, too.) I'm very calm on the outside, but not so much internally.

I discovered, however, that I can still access my data on the Drobo, even though it's working its butt off (at least I HOPE that's what it's doing!). So to be on the safe side, I've been slowly copying some of the more important files over to another external drive.

What does this all have to do with a blue bowl of Cheerios? Not a darn thing. Other than I've not been posting much here of late, so here's what I had for breakfast this morning. Shot with an iPhone, tweaked in an app called Brushstroke, then e-mailed to myself so I could post SOMETHING here today without annoying the Drobo. Which one never wants to do.

Have a great weekend, all!

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.