Friday, December 10, 2010

Computer woes continue ... no need to panic!



A week without a computer (actually, two weeks if you count vacation time) seems like an eternity. Obviously I can post here using my laptop, but my REAL work -- preparing for and conducting online classes, processing my photographs, creating photomontages, writing, creating, etc. -- takes place on a REAL computer with REAL software and a REAL tablet, not a mouse. That's what I miss.

Luckily I have all my work backed up, so I'm not losing anything but time. A non-working NVIDIA graphics card seems to be the problem. We shall see.

In the meantime, I continue to photograph, and the memory cards are stacking up on my desk, awaiting the day  I can finally download them, see what I've done (the good, the bad, the ugly, the sublime), and carry on here. And look what I found in the laptop! Three "handle" photos taken in 2007 in Colorado. Ah, now I feel better, seeing a bit of color appear in the blog. ©Carol Leigh