Thursday, September 8, 2011

Get a grip...






As I move photos around in my computer, working on old ones, filing newer ones, little themes develop such as this one. It's a cool series of door handles, beginning with a golden door in Colorado combined with a background texture I made myself.

The purple door with the terrific shadow was shot in Fredericksburg, Virginia. And below that, the rusty car door and handle was shot in the sun (gasp!) here on the Oregon coast.

A more muted but very rich door handle was found and photographed in Jacksonville, Oregon (I believe — could have been Oakland, Oregon, but I don't want to go back and check right now). The double handles on the car were shot in Colorado.

The bright red photograph I took at a car show here on the Oregon coast, but now I can't figure out what my shooting angle was. It's an MG car, but neither Chris nor I can figure out what the original configuration was. Still, gotta love the color, the blue thingies, and the shiny chrome. ©Carol Leigh