Thursday, September 8, 2016

A flurry of flowers



Earlier this summer I revisited a lot of my old flower photos, wondering what I could do to shake things up a bit. I ended up liking these three, to which I added a bit of a painterly effect and some toning to mute and somewhat blur the results.

So here I have a photo of what I believe are apple blossoms, then a waterlily photographed on Maui (thank you, Jan), and linaria (or toadflax), which is a lovely weed I had growing in our yard in Oregon.

Since I'm in Nova Scotia right now, perhaps photographing a flower as we speak, I prepped this post to appear while I am gone. Be forewarned. There will be more flowers appearing in a few days.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.