Monday, June 5, 2017

I was fooled . . .


I was fooled. I thought the bunny was playing, chasing mom rabbit.

Then I became aware of the robins and their distress calls.

That's when I knew the rabbits weren't playing. And that's when the owl landed on the branch.

All turned out well (except for the owl). The rabbits remained hidden and uneaten. The owl got cranky with my being there, messing up her hunting routine, and left.

What surprised me was the second photo, where I wondered if the flash on my camera could reach high up into the tree. Spoooooooky, no?

Both shots are sub-mediocre, but the experience was a good one. The story a good one. And who knew the flash could extend up so high and create such a humorously wacko image?

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.