Saturday, February 24, 2018

A month of hearts: February 24

"Below the Ice." I have a rock in the shape of a heart. I scanned it, turned it over, scanned the other side. Now I have two pictures of the heart, each one slightly different.

I combined the two images into one frame. I then used a photo I'd taken of scratched metal and combined it with the photos of the heart. Voila! An image that looks like two hearts embedded in ice.

Did I pre-visualize this? Did I plan it? Heck no! What's the fun in THAT? After a lot of what-iffing, this was the result. Done. A happy surprise.

We are off to explore -- it's no longer icy nor snowy nor rainy today, so we are outta here!
Wishing you a day of exploration -- whether inside or out -- and may you have some happy surprises.

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you for your kindness.