Thursday, June 21, 2018

A fun day exploring





Yesterday we boarded the ferry, landed in Port Townsend, and then made our way around over to Port Angeles -- just to see what's there.

Well, the coolest things we found were a bunch of old, rusty cars, which kept me busy for a very long time.

But what has now also kept me busy is trying different effects in Photoshop to see how I can change -- radically or no -- the looks of some of these pictures.

The first photo is a shot of the "Salish" arriving at the Keystone ferry docks, which I changed rather radically.

And then here are two different versions of two different shots, the first one in each set being pretty much what the scene looked like, the second being an altered version.

I don't know what I like and what I don't, having spent now way too much time staring at the computer screen. So I'm going to walk away for awhile (more than a week, probably), and see how they look to me then.

These things have to marinate, don't you know?

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you for your understanding and kindness.