Saturday, December 8, 2018

State of the studio . . .

Fine Art America contacted me, wanting a photo of my studio for a feature they were putting together. Yikes! Do I clean it up? Do I "stage" it? Nah. I just took the photo of the art counter as it was, but I admit to putting that red paper up front, a gel print I'd recently made, because it was bright and eye-catching.

When I shot this, I was working on making a couple of artist books, which you can see there on the counter -- one red, one blue.

I've never made books like these, so at this point I'm just experimenting, and it's all taking a lot of time. I'm optimistic that I'll get faster and better as I practice. But the process is fun (frustrating, but fun) and it gets me off my butt, away from the computer.

Gotta thank Chris for making it all happen for me.

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you for your understanding and kindness.