Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Kimono Package Montage #7

I have an 1828 wrapper for a kimono that is gloriously soft and weathered and yet sturdy. I have photographed various bits and pieces of the wrapper and then have combined those bits and pieces to create a variety of photomontages, montages that are slightly different, yet honor the spirit of the object. It's made of old, used boro paper, multiple layers pasted together so that it's thick and very soft.

I'm reveling in what this kimono wrapping paper is offering, and I hope you enjoy seeing my interpretations of it.

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you for your understanding and kindness.