Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Architectural disarray . . .



Wandering around San Diego one day, horrible light, high noon, absolutely no inspiration.

But there were some buildings across the way, kinda nondescript, but lots of repeating patterns. Aha! This just might work . . .

So I took some absolutely boring shots, figuring I'd play with them when I got back home.

And this is what happened. I love these photographs! I know they're abstract, and probably a lot of you won't like them, but that doesn't matter.

The colors are extraordinary, with all those warm brown hues. And the symmetry of asymmetrical objects/shapes is appealing to me. As is the mystery.

So, ta da! In my little world I've made some pictures that were fun to create, look cool to me, and make me excited to create more.

May we all have moments such as this.

Images copyright ©2019 Carol Leigh