Friday, January 14, 2011

Still trying to clean out the studio ...


I find a cool little box and am wondering where to stash it when I think hmmmm, what if I put some acorns in one section, a shell in another, some old keys here, a marble there, and the next thing I know I've got string and weeds and shells and jars all over the place. Okay. I know and you know and I know that YOU know I'm not REALLY trying to clean this studio... It's just a huge excuse to be out there taking pictures. ©Carol Leigh

2 comments:

fotofanjan said...

Olivia Parker inspired? Great stuff. Rainy cold days make for some fun for you. No wonder you are still in Waldport.

Carol Leigh said...

Well, first of all I had to go look to see who is Olivia Parker! Thanks for the referral. You know what's weird? Before I photographed what I did, I put on a 50mm f/1.8 lens and photographed a feather, actually quite similar to the one she has on her website. My goal this year is to experiment more with shallow depth of field. My DOF on the feather, however, seemed a little TOO shallow, and I ended up tossing those photos out. Maybe I should go back and rummage around in the recycle bin and resurrect them! Nah, better to begin afresh.

We've got 50mph winds here, rain blowing horizontally up the street, and I'm finalizing some of the lessons for the upcoming advanced photomontage class, all snug and warm. Hope you're doing well. --CL