Friday, June 20, 2014

Postcards received and sent . . .


Because of the Internet, and because she is fun and supportive, I feel I have a friend in Australia. So when I mentioned I enjoy receiving postcards and send them in return, Jo Murray surprised me with this card last week, which is a print of one of her collages.

In return, I sent her the postcard below, an original collage which I hope arrives at her house intact.

What I like about Jo's work is how I get the feeling she's not afraid to play, to just put things down on canvas or paper to create something that at first just seems crazy, but ends up being cohesive and strong. There's a sense of freedom in what she does that really appeals to me.

So thank you, madam, for being a little part of my life. And thanks for the card.

©Carol Leigh