Friday, June 20, 2014

Postcards received and sent . . .


Because of the Internet, and because she is fun and supportive, I feel I have a friend in Australia. So when I mentioned I enjoy receiving postcards and send them in return, Jo Murray surprised me with this card last week, which is a print of one of her collages.

In return, I sent her the postcard below, an original collage which I hope arrives at her house intact.

What I like about Jo's work is how I get the feeling she's not afraid to play, to just put things down on canvas or paper to create something that at first just seems crazy, but ends up being cohesive and strong. There's a sense of freedom in what she does that really appeals to me.

So thank you, madam, for being a little part of my life. And thanks for the card.

©Carol Leigh

4 comments:

Jo Murray said...

Thanks so much for the generous words. I DO love to play...but the hard bit is at the end when you have to make the whole thing work. Its good to have friends on the other side of the world....make for interesting and diverse viewpoints. I SO look forward to receiving my card...it looks very special.

Laura said...

Awesome

Jo Murray said...

Yay! I received my beautiful card. My husband is very impressed by your handwriting....me too. LOVE the papers you've used...and the stamp. It is very, very special.

Carol Leigh said...

Glad you got it -- I was beginning to worry. I was especially worried about not impressing your spouse... glad I could come through with the handwriting! :-)