Sunday, June 15, 2014

Latest work: "Preparing to Leave"



I have a number of favorite locations along the Oregon coast where I can find all sorts of cool scratched metal to photograph. I used a number of those photos here as well as some of my photos of painted metal and hand-painted circles to create this piece. In a way, it sort of looks like a prayer flag, doesn't it?

What appeals to me are the dusty blue and grey colors combined with the soft browns. To me, it's quite relaxing. And I would LOVE to have a long silk scarf made from this picture!

It looks good as a square, too, so I created three different versions out of the same image. Bonus!

©Carol Leigh

P.S. Because I never really liked the name of this image, I've changed it to "Silken Circles." But because I linked to this blogpost from Facebook, I can't change the name here! I did change it at Fine Art America, and that's where it counts, so all is well. I think.